The Postdoctoral Master's Degree Program can be completed in two years (if you have 75% to 100% protected research time) and has four application cycles each year.
|Note: Scholars admitted to the Postdoctoral Master's Degree Program are given priority registration in clinical and translational science (CTSC) classes.
Identify a mentor
Identifying a mentor is one of the most important steps in applying to the Postdoctoral Master's Degree Program. The mentor's most important role is to guide the student in the research experience portion of the program.
Mentors must be chosen from within Mayo Clinic and must have extensive clinical or translational research experience. Mentors must have, or meet the criteria for, master or full level faculty privileges including an academic rank of associate professor or higher; must have demonstrated NIH or R01 funding; and must have successful previous experience mentoring scholars.
Resources to identify and directly contact potential mentors include the following:
Complete and submit application materials
All application materials for the Postdoctoral Master's Degree Program are accepted, reviewed and processed by CCaTS Education Resources, although formal admission is granted by Mayo Clinic Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences.
All application materials must be received by the January 1, April 1, July 1 or October 1 application deadlines. Note: Late or incomplete applications are not considered. In addition to the application form, ALL supplemental items are due by these deadlines also. Start the process early to ensure that you have enough time to gather the required information and to give your recommendation letter writers adequate time to submit their letters prior to the deadline dates.
Log on or create an account to begin the online Application for Admission
- School of Study: Select "Mayo Clinic Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences"
- Area of Interest: Select "Clinical & Translational Science, Postdoctoral Basic Science Master's"
Select "Create a New Application."
- Select "Start a Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences Application"
Complete each section of the application.
- Program Type: Select "Postdoctoral Basic Science Master's"
Submit the application. View the required Supplemental Items and Documents.
- Upload each required item in the Supplemental Items section
- Complete the Recommendation Request section
Additional required items
- CV or resume
- Research mentor recommendation (your selected research mentor will be automatically sent instructions for this when you submit your application)
- Unofficial Mayo Clinic Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences transcript (if applicable)
- Program Fee Agreement Form
- Recommendation letter: Should be from a person acquainted with your personal, academic or professional qualifications
Applications are reviewed by the CCaTS Postdoctoral Programs Executive Committee and applicants are notified via email within six weeks regarding application status.
Upon admission to the Postdoctoral Master's Degree Program, the nonrefundable program fee will be charged to the PAU provided on the Program Fee Agreement Form. The current program fee is $20,000.
The CCaTS Education Contacts page contains a listing of team members who can assist you with questions.