Office of Clinical Trials
The Office of Clinical Trials in Mayo Clinic's Center for Clinical and Translational Science (CCaTS) seeks to maintain and develop strategic alliances and preferred partnerships with study sponsors, with the objective of attracting high-impact trials to Mayo Clinic to provide solutions and hope to Mayo patients.
Mayo Clinic has a long history of excellence in clinical research and expertise in clinical trials, and the vision of the Office of Clinical Trials is to provide an unparalleled experience as a highly trusted partner for planning, developing, executing, analyzing and translating clinical trials for patients, industry, federal agencies, foundations, and investigators.
The mission of CCaTS' Office of Clinical Trials is to inspire hope and contribute to patients' health and well-being by providing researchers with world-class support to develop, activate, conduct and translate clinical trials.
The goals of the Office of Clinical Trials are to:
- Facilitate an efficient preactivation time frame for document-ready protocols
- Serve as a trusted central resource for industry partners and research study teams with integrated tools to not only facilitate the activation process, but also guide and answer questions related to clinical trial activities, driving high-quality research to translate clinical trials for Mayo investigators and industry partners
- Leverage digital technologies and community-based strategies to ensure all members of our communities have access to participate in clinical trials
- Develop an infrastructure to support translation and innovative clinical trials, including pragmatic clinical trials
- Augment recruitment efforts by using AI-enabled capabilities to develop screening and feasibility reports, integrate inclusive advertisement strategies into recruitment plans, provide trained research coordinators to our study teams and use remote capabilities to expand our reach and bring clinical trials to patient everywhere
- Enhance the engagement of special populations in clinical research by developing innovative strategies in collaboration with the Center for Health Equity and Community Engagement, Office of Digital Innovation and Rural Health
The Office of Clinical Trials aligns with Mayo Clinic's strategic goal of positively transforming the practice and the operational goals of strengthening clinical trials, sponsoring team science and advancing entrepreneurship. Clinical trials align discovery science with the unmet needs of the practice to speed the translation of new science into practice.
The office facilitates integration among business units, ensures timely activation of studies, provides focused consultation and assistance to study teams with navigating the activation system, and ensures that the benefits thereof are sustained over time.
Mayo Clinic's values, specifically teamwork, are reflected within the organization of the CCaTS Office of Clinical Trials. The office values the contributions of all, blends the skills of individual staff members, and brings all clinical trials resources together with a single vision: to develop, initiate, conduct and translate quality clinical trials to meet the unmet needs of patients and the practice.
The Office of Clinical Trials makes multisite resources available to investigators across the enterprise and supports research integration to complement practice integration. Additionally, the office allows Mayo Clinic to expand its reach by developing new services for partnerships and business relationships.
Located in Mayo Clinic's Center for Clinical and Translational Science (CCaTS), the Office of Clinical Trials provides a close connection between the conduct of trials and translation into practice. The office reflects the scope of the National Center for Advancing Translational Science's (NCATS) Clinical and Translational Science Award (CTSA), which funds Mayo Clinic's CCaTS.
The NCATS model presents an opportunity for CCaTS through interactions with the office to intentionally integrate the three Mayo campuses to strengthen the sense of accessibility and relevance.
Contact CCaTS' Office of Clinical Trials with sponsor requests, to learn about accelerating study activation, with questions about Mayo Clinic's Research Registration Application or to reach the office's leadership team.
CCaTS' accelerated activation process helps sponsors and contract research organizations expedite study activation for clinical trials.
Information for sponsors
Site Management Services
The office's site management services for Mayo Clinic-sponsored clinical trials include protocol review, study setup, registration assistance, study network management and abstraction of study data into Mayo's clinical trial systems.
Research Registration Application
The Research Registration Application is a Mayo Clinic-designed app that can be used by sites participating in Mayo Clinic-sponsored clinical trials to register patients to specific studies, validate patient eligibility, randomize to the appropriate treatment if applicable and establish enrollment process controls.
Get application training and access