In community-engaged research, research teams are broadly defined and include researchers and their study staff as well as community members and patients. The Community-Engaged Research Program provides access to resources to support active participation by all members of a research team.
The Community-Engaged Research Program offers consultative services to researchers and to community members and organizations interested in improving the health of the community through community-engaged research. Our program staff has expertise in:
- Community engagement and outreach strategies
- Community-engaged research design and methods
- Working with diverse communities
- Accessing and using community-based data
- Identifying and applying for funding opportunities
- Matching community partners with Mayo Clinic researchers for potential collaborations
- Engaging with one of Mayo's community advisory boards
For community members: Do you have an idea for a program or an initiative to improve the health of your community through research? Please contact us to share your idea and request a consultation.
For researchers: Contact our team to discuss your research study at any point in the research process prior to publication. Our experts can answer questions, direct you to available resources and more.