Cores and Services
Several institutional cores and facilities within the Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology serve researchers at Mayo Clinic and elsewhere.
- Medical Genome Facility. Integrates various shared resources to provide Mayo Clinic investigators with access to the latest genomics technologies.
- Metabolomics Core. Helps researchers apply high-field nuclear magnetic resonance to biochemical and biological systems.
- Microscopy and Cell Analysis Core. Offers a wide range of services to investigators from both clinical and basic science laboratories, including specimen preparation, light and electron microscopy, photography, digital imaging, and multiparameter flow cytometry and cell sorting services.
- Proteomics Core. Supports disease-focused proteomics research and biomarker discovery research for the development of diagnostic clinical tests.
- Transgenic and Knockout Core. Generates genetically engineered mice to help Mayo Clinic researchers study the molecular genetic basis of human diseases.