Mayo Clinic Research Core Facilities are centralized, shared research resources that provide access to instruments, technologies, testing and services. They provide expert technical and consultative services to investigators engaged in basic science research and clinical trials. These facilities expand investigators' capabilities, foster collaboration, and accelerate discovery and translation.
Research core facilities make it possible for investigators to focus on their own areas of expertise, augmented by complementary knowledge and assistance from research cores. As a result, promising findings and therapies can more quickly move from the lab to the clinic, where they benefit patients.
Research core facilities exist primarily to serve Mayo Clinic study teams, though some facilities also make their services available to investigators worldwide.
Mayo Clinic research core services help researchers rapidly advance research by:
- Providing high-quality services and technical support
- Providing cost-effective access to the technology and other resources that investigators need, when they need them
- Supporting researchers' publications by generating and analyzing primary data
- Advancing science and grant acquisition
Research core facilities cover a wide spectrum of services, which may include:
- Consultations and training
- Sample testing and processing
- Data analysis
- Access to specialized equipment and instrumentation
- Production of preclinical models
Directing each core is a Mayo investigator with strong experience in that particular field of research. In addition to overseeing a core, core directors maintain their own research programs and are core users themselves.
Mayo core services and technologies are always progressing to meet tomorrow's research needs.
Select a core facility from the Research Services tab.