Individuals requesting academic appointments in the Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology (BMB) will presumably be enthusiastically participating in one (or preferably more) of the following ongoing departmental activities:
- Councils and committees. Opportunities are available for members of the department to participate in councils and committees.
- Seminar series. The series features intramural and extramural guest speakers of interest to researchers in the Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology. See schedule for upcoming seminars and symposia.
- Journal club. Department faculty and graduate students discuss eclectic literature selections from all areas of biochemistry and molecular biology.
- Graduate student workshop. This is a series of "works-in-progress" presentations for BMB graduate students. Presentations are often coupled with subsequent supervisory committee meetings.
- Teaching in Mayo Clinic Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences. Department faculty participate in teaching core courses and departmental tutorial courses. Please contact course directors directly to express interest in participation.