Tumor Immunology and Immunotherapy
Therapeutic strategies that stimulate the immune system to target cancer cells can lead to long-lasting tumor regression and minimize relapse. Integrated efforts of laboratory researchers and clinicians are leading to improved knowledge of how the immune system interacts with cancer cells and how immune processes can be intentionally manipulated for therapeutic effect.
The investigators in our department who focus on tumor immunology and immunotherapy research are:
- Yan W. Asmann, Ph.D.
- Marta Chesi, Ph.D.
- Marion R. Curtis., Ph.D.: Immunometabolism and Cancer Immunology Laboratory
- Alan P. Fields, Ph.D.
- Keith L. Knutson, Ph.D.
- Sunil Krishnan, M.B.B.S, M.D.
- Kabir Mody, M.D.
- Aneel Paulus, M.D., M.S.
- Hong Qin, M.D., Ph.D.
- Derek C. Radisky, Ph.D.: Tumor Microenvironment Laboratory
- Peter Storz, Ph.D.: Tumor Development, Immunology and Progression Laboratory
- E. Aubrey Thompson, Ph.D.: Hormones and Cancer Laboratory
- Daniel M. Trifiletti, M.D.
- Han W. Tun, M.D.
- George Vasmatzis, Ph.D.