Mayo Clinic IMSD: Developing Scientists Through Disease-Relevant Research
Hedin, Karen E. Ph.D.Maher, Louis (Jim) J. III Ph.D.
The goals of the Initiative for Maximizing Student Development (IMSD) program are to serve diverse students, increase the diversity of students in Mayo graduate degree programs and prepare students for success.
The IMSD program provides a professional and social home for predoctoral students during their first two years in the Ph.D. program at Mayo Clinic. This is particularly important during the stressful first few weeks and months of graduate school.
IMSD predoctoral students attend weekly meetings with other students participating in Mayo's diversity programs. First-year predoc students meet and network with second-year predocs, graduate education and research leaders and faculty members (and potential mentors), and IMSD leadership.
Frequent social activities are planned by the IMSD group and by individual students. Thus, the program assists new students in adjusting to graduate school and a new city.
How to apply
Apply to the Mayo Graduate School Ph.D. Program.
- Ackerman, Michael J. M.D., Ph.D.
- Ames, Matthew M. Ph.D.
- Billadeau, Daniel D. Ph.D.
- Brozovich, Frank V. M.D., Ph.D.
- Ehman, Richard L. M.D.
- Ekker, Stephen C. Ph.D.
- Fernandez-Zapico, Martin E. M.D.
- Harris, Peter C. Ph.D.
- Hedin, Karen E. Ph.D.
- Isaya, Grazia M.D., Ph.D.
- Jelinek, Diane F. Ph.D.
- Jenkins, Robert B. M.D., Ph.D.
- Karnitz, Larry M. Ph.D.
- Katzmann, David J. Ph.D.
- Kaufmann, Scott H. M.D., Ph.D.
- Leof, Edward B. Ph.D.
- Lucchinetti, Claudia F. M.D.
- Maher, Louis (Jim) J. III Ph.D.
- Manduca, Armando Ph.D.
- McNiven, Mark A. Ph.D.
- Mer, Georges Ph.D.
- Patel, Robin M.D.
- Pease, Larry R. Ph.D.
- Ramirez-Alvarado, Marina Ph.D.
- Riederer, Stephen J. Ph.D.
- Rodriguez, Moses M.D.
- Schrum, Adam G. Ph.D.
- Sieck, Gary C. Ph.D.
- Vile, Richard G. Ph.D.
- Weinshilboum, Richard M.D.
- Westendorf, Jennifer Jane (Jennifer) Ph.D.
- Windebank, Anthony J. M.D.