Initiative for Maximizing Student Development
Hedin, Karen E. Ph.D.Maher, Louis (Jim) J. III Ph.D.
The goals of the Initiative for Maximizing Student Development at Mayo Clinic are to:
- Serve diverse students
- Increase the diversity of students in Mayo Clinic graduate degree programs
- Prepare Mayo Clinic graduate students for success
The Initiative for Maximizing Student Development provides a professional and social home for predoctoral students during their first two years in the Ph.D. Program at Mayo Clinic Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences. Such support is particularly important during the stressful first few weeks and months of graduate school.
Predoctoral students in the Initiative for Maximizing Student Development attend weekly meetings with other students participating in Mayo Clinic's diversity programs. First-year predoctoral students meet and network with second-year students, graduate education and research leaders, faculty members and potential mentors, and Initiative for Maximizing Student Development leaders.
The Initiative for Maximizing Student Development group and individual students plan frequent social activities to assist new students in adjusting to graduate school and to a new city.
There are seven predoctoral positions awarded to the Initiative for Maximizing Student Development a year. The number of open positions varies.
Appointees must be enrolled in Mayo Clinic Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences' Ph.D. Program.
Appointees must also be citizens or noncitizen nationals of the United States or must have been legally admitted as permanent residents.
How to apply
Apply to Mayo Clinic Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences' Ph.D. Program.
- Ackerman, Michael J. M.D., Ph.D.
- Barry, Michael A. Ph.D.
- Billadeau, Daniel D. Ph.D.
- Cattaneo, Roberto Ph.D.
- Choi, Doo-Sup Ph.D.
- Doles, Jason D. Ph.D.
- Erickson, Bradley J. M.D., Ph.D.
- Fernandez-Zapico, Martin E. M.D.
- Harris, Peter C. Ph.D.
- Hedin, Karen E. Ph.D.
- Jenkins, Robert B. M.D., Ph.D.
- Johnson, Aaron J. Ph.D.
- Karnitz, Larry M. Ph.D.
- Katzmann, David J. Ph.D.
- Lerman, Lilach O. M.D., Ph.D.
- Lujan, J. Luis Ph.D., M.S.
- Maher, Louis (Jim) J. III Ph.D.
- Manduca, Armando Ph.D.
- Mantilla, Carlos B. M.D., Ph.D.
- Medina, Kay L. Ph.D.
- Nelson, Timothy J. M.D., Ph.D.
- Patel, Robin M.D.
- Pease, Larry R. Ph.D.
- Ramirez-Alvarado, Marina Ph.D.
- Roberts, Lewis R. M.B., Ch.B., Ph.D.
- Romero, Michael F. Ph.D.
- Scarisbrick, Isobel A. Ph.D.
- Schimmenti, Lisa A. M.D.
- Shapiro, Virginia M. Ph.D.
- Sieck, Gary C. Ph.D.
- van Deursen, Jan Ph.D.
- Wang, Liewei M.D., Ph.D.
- Weinshilboum, Richard M.D.
- Westendorf, Jennifer J. Ph.D.
- Yaszemski, Michael J. M.D., Ph.D.