Tissue Engineering and Regeneration
Tissue engineering and regeneration researchers in the Mayo Clinic Department of Physiology and Biomedical Engineering develop new approaches to repair, restore or regenerate tissue function lost due to injury, chronic disease and aging.
Faculty members focused on tissue engineering and regeneration include:
- Atta Behfar, M.D., Ph.D.
- John R. Henley, M.S., Ph.D. — Developmental and Regenerative Neurobiology Laboratory
- James L. Kirkland, M.D., Ph.D.
- Nathan K. LeBrasseur, M.S., Ph.D.
- Kendall H. Lee, M.D., Ph.D. — Neural Engineering Laboratory
- Lichun Lu, Ph.D. — Biomaterials and Regenerative Medicine Laboratory
- Carlos B. Mantilla, M.D., Ph.D. — Regenerative Physiology Laboratory
- Aleksey Matveyenko, Ph.D. — Islet Regeneration Laboratory
- Todd A. Milbrandt, M.D.
- Jordan D. Miller, Ph.D. — Cardiovascular Disease and Aging Laboratory
- Christina M. Pabelick, M.D. — Airway Biology Laboratory
- Y.S. Prakash, M.D., Ph.D. — Pulmonary Cell Biology Laboratory
- Alexander Revzin, Ph.D. — Cellular Microsystems and Biosensors
- Isobel A. Scarisbrick, Ph.D. — Neuroregeneration and Neurorehabilitation Laboratory
- Gary C. Sieck, Ph.D. — Cell and Regenerative Physiology Laboratory
- Daniel J. Tschumperlin, Ph.D. — Tissue Repair and Mechanobiology Laboratory
- Dennis Wigle, M.D., Ph.D.
- Gregory A. Worrell, M.D., Ph.D. — Epilepsy and Neurophysiology Laboratory
- Michael J. Yaszemski, M.D., Ph.D. — Bone Histomorphometry Laboratory
- Chunfeng Zhao, M.D.
- Kristin D. Zhao, Ph.D. — Assistive and Restorative Technology Laboratory