Equipment and Facilities
- VP2000 slide processor for large slide volumes
- Two HyBrite programmable hybridization ovens
- Two ThermoBrite slide processing systems
- Fisher Scientific Isotemp oven
- Three water baths
- VWR scientific incubator
- Fisher Scientific model 05-090-100 microcentrifuge
- Fisher Scientific accumet AB15 Basic pH benchtop meter
- Fisher Scientific Isotemp hotplate
- Fisher Scientific Vortex mixer
Microscopes and imaging systems
The core has three Zeiss Axioplan 2 and two Leica DM6 B microscopes. All systems are set up the same.
- Microscope features. Fluorescence and brightfield are available.
- 82000 series filter set: DAPI, SpectrumGreen, Spectrum Orange, SpectrumOrange-Spectrum Green, DAPI-SpectrumOrange-SpectrumGreen
- 83000 series filter set: DAPI, FITC, Texas Red, Texas Red-FITC
- Aqua and Gold (only on the Zeiss microscopes)
- Objectives. 10X, 40X, 63X and 100X are included.
- Imaging system features. All scopes have CytoVision imaging systems with z-stacking capabilities.
FISH probe production equipment
This equipment is available only to core staff for quality-control purposes.
- Thermo Forma orbital shaker
- Beckman Coulter Avanti J-E centrifuge
- Eppendorf Microcentrifuge 5415R
- Fisher Scientific Isotemp 3013P circulating water bath
- Salare FCE-640 ducted total exhaust fume hood
- Boekel shaking water bath
- Sonics Vibra-Cell sonicator
- Thermo Scientific PX2 thermal cycler
- Fisher Scientific electrophoresis system
- Fotodyne UV transilluminator and digital camera system
- Sartorius basic balance
The Cytogenetics Core is located on the 11th floor of the Stabile Building at Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minnesota. It is part of the Medical Genome Facility within the Center for Individualized Medicine.
The Medical Genome Facility is composed of four genomics-oriented cores: Biospecimen Accessioning and Processing Core, Cytogenetics Core, Genome Analysis Core, and Pathology Research Core. These cores work together to provide Mayo Clinic investigators with professional, efficient, low-cost access to the latest genomics technologies.