Biomechanics researchers in the Mayo Clinic Department of Physiology and Biomedical Engineering develop novel tools and techniques to measure the mechanical properties and behaviors of the human body, its constituent organs and cells.
Faculty members focused on biomechanics include:
- Peter C. Amadio, M.D. — Tendon and Soft Tissue Biology Laboratory
- Allen T. Bishop, M.D.
- Dan Dragomir-Daescu, Ph.D.
- Kenton R. Kaufman, Ph.D. — Motion Analysis Laboratory
- Lichun Lu, Ph.D. — Biomaterials and Regenerative Medicine Laboratory
- Armando Manduca, Ph.D. — Biomathematics Resource
- Ahmad Nassr, M.D.
- Daniel J. Tschumperlin, Ph.D. — Tissue Repair and Mechanobiology Laboratory
- Matthew W. Urban, Ph.D.
- Michael J. Yaszemski, M.D., Ph.D. — Tissue Engineering and Biomaterials Laboratory
- Chunfeng Zhao, M.D.
- Kristin D. Zhao, Ph.D. — Assistive and Restorative Technology Laboratory