Post-Baccalaureate Research Education Program
Hedin, Karen E. Ph.D.Maher, Louis (Jim) J. III Ph.D.
The Post-Baccalaureate Research Education Program (PREP) at Mayo Clinic is funded by a grant from the National Institutes of Health. The overall goal of PREP is to help diversify the biomedical research workforce by preparing students for matriculation into graduate programs in biomedical research.
The typical PREP student is someone who graduated with an undergraduate degree within the last three years but needs more research experience to be competitive for graduate school.
- Salary support
- Tuition waiver
- Funds for one trip a year to present at a national research conference
There are six predoctoral positions awarded to the Post-Baccalaureate Research Education Program a year. The number of open positions varies.
Appointees must be citizens or noncitizen nationals of the United States or must have been legally admitted as permanent residents.
How to apply
Apply to Mayo Clinic Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences' Post-Baccalaureate Research Education Program.
- Barry, Michael A. Ph.D.
- Ehman, Richard L. M.D.
- Ekker, Stephen C. Ph.D.
- Fernandez-Zapico, Martin E. M.D.
- Grande, Joseph P. M.D., Ph.D.
- Harris, Peter C. Ph.D.
- Hedin, Karen E. Ph.D.
- Jelinek, Diane F. Ph.D.
- Johnson, Bruce D. Ph.D.
- Johnson, Aaron J. Ph.D.
- Joyner, Michael J. M.D.
- Karnitz, Larry M. Ph.D.
- Lerman, Lilach O. M.D., Ph.D.
- Maher, Louis (Jim) J. III Ph.D.
- McLean, Pamela J. Ph.D.
- McNiven, Mark A. Ph.D.
- Mer, Georges Ph.D.
- Nelson, Timothy J. M.D., Ph.D.
- Patel, Robin M.D.
- Prakash, Y. S. M.D., Ph.D.
- Ramirez-Alvarado, Marina Ph.D.
- Riederer, Stephen (Stephen J.) J. Ph.D.
- Roberts, Lewis R. M.B., Ch.B., Ph.D.
- Romero, Michael F. Ph.D.
- Scarisbrick, Isobel A. Ph.D.
- Shapiro, Virginia M. Ph.D.
- Sieck, Gary C. Ph.D.
- Sussman, Caroline (Carli) R. Ph.D.
- Torres, Vicente E. M.D., Ph.D.
- Vile, Richard G. Ph.D.
- Wang, Liewei M.D., Ph.D.
- Weinshilboum, Richard M.D.
- Windebank, Anthony J. M.D.