Many former members of Dr. Farrugia's laboratory continue to work on staff at Mayo Clinic and throughout the world in the field of gastrointestinal physiology.
- Francesca Bianco, doctoral student, 2016-17. Bianco is a doctoral student based in the laboratory of Roberto De Giorgio, M.D., Ph.D., at the University of Bologna in Italy.
- Leila Neshatian, M.D., clinical fellow, 2013-14. Dr. Neshatian is a primary care physician at the Houston Methodist Hospital in Texas.
- Arthur Beyder, M.D., Ph.D., clinician investigator fellow, 2010-12. Dr. Beyder directs the Gastrointestinal Mechanotransduction Laboratory at Mayo Clinic.
- Madhusudan (Madhu) Grover, M.B.B.S., clinical research fellow, 2010-11. Dr. Grover directs the Gastrointestinal Barrier Function Laboratory at Mayo Clinic.
- Purna C. Kashyap, M.B.B.S., clinical research fellow, 2007-10. Dr. Kashyap directs the Gut Microbiome Laboratory at Mayo Clinic.
- Pedro Julian (July) Gomez Pinilla, Ph.D., postdoctoral fellow, 2007-09. Dr. Gomez Pinilla works in the Translational Research Center for Gastrointestinal Disorders at Katholieke Universiteit Leuven in Belgium with Guy Boeckxstaens, M.D., Ph.D.
- Mira Wouters, Ph.D., postdoctoral fellow, 2005-07. Dr. Wouters works in the Translational Research Center for Gastrointestinal Disorders at Katholieke Universiteit Leuven in Belgium with Dr. Guy Boeckxstaens.
- Robert E. Kraichely, M.D., clinical research fellow, 2004-06. Dr. Kraichely is a consultant in the Division of Gastroenterology and Hepatology at Mayo Clinic and holds the rank of assistant professor of medicine at Mayo Clinic College of Medicine and Science.
- Adam Rich, Ph.D., postdoctoral fellow, 1997-2001. Dr. Rich continues to actively collaborate with Dr. Farrugia's team. He is an associate professor at The College at Brockport, State University of New York, in Brockport, New York, studying the gastrointestinal biology of zebrafish.
- Matthew T. Gettman, M.D., research fellow, 1996-97. Dr. Gettman is a consultant in the Department of Urology at Mayo Clinic and holds the rank of professor of urology at Mayo Clinic College of Medicine and Science.