Many former members of Dr. Farrugia's laboratory continue to work on staff at Mayo Clinic and throughout the world in the field of gastrointestinal physiology.
- John Malysz, Ph.D., research associate 2016-18. Dr. Malysz is an assistant professor in the Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences at the University of Tennessee Health Science Center, Memphis, Tennessee.
- Francesca Bianco, Ph.D., doctoral student, 2016-17. Dr. Bianco is a postdoctoral fellow based in the laboratory of Elena Bonora, D.Phil., at the University of Bologna, Italy.
- Leila Neshatian, M.D., clinical fellow, 2013-14. Dr. Neshatian is a clinical assistant professor in gastroenterology at Stanford Gastroenterology and Digestive Health Clinic, Redwood City, California.
- Arthur Beyder, M.D., Ph.D., clinician investigator fellow, 2010-12. Dr. Beyder directs the Gastrointestinal Mechanotransduction Laboratory at Mayo Clinic.
- Madhusudan (Madhu) Grover, M.B.B.S., clinical research fellow, 2010-11. Dr. Grover directs the Gastrointestinal Barrier Function Laboratory at Mayo Clinic.
- Purna C. Kashyap, M.B.B.S., clinical research fellow, 2007-10. Dr. Kashyap directs the Gut Microbiome Laboratory at Mayo Clinic.