David G. Lott, M.D., is dedicated to investigating disorders of the larynx (voice box) and airway. This includes bioengineering of laryngeal and tracheal tissues, laryngeal transplantation techniques and immunotherapy, laryngeal cancer, and functional outcomes of various laryngeal surgical procedures.
- Laryngeal transplantation
- Tissue engineering in laryngeal and airway reconstruction
- Idiopathic subglottic stenosis
- Voice outcomes in laryngeal cancer resection
Significance to patient care
Research in these areas is aimed at restoring normal function of the larynx. This allows patients to regain or preserve the ability to breathe, swallow and/or speak.
- Associate Director, Center for Regenerative Medicine, Mayo Clinic, Arizona, 2017-present