Participant eligibility includes age, gender, type and stage of disease, and previous treatments or health concerns. Guidelines differ from study to study, and identify who can or cannot participate. If you need assistance understanding the eligibility criteria, please contact the study team.See eligibility criteria
- Signed and dated informed consent form.
- Male and female subjects from 18 to 85 years old (inclusive).
- With established diagnosis of inoperable CTEPH (i.e., technically non-operable) or persistent/recurrent CTEPH after pulmonary endarterectomy (PEA) and/or balloon pulmonary angioplasty (BPA), as confirmed by the corresponding adjudication committee.
- With pulmonary hypertension (PH) in WHO FC I-IV.
- Subject able to perform the 6-minute walk test (6MWT) with a minimum distance of 100 m and a maximum distance of 450 m at screening visit.
- Women of childbearing potential must have a negative pregnancy test at screening and randomization and must agree to undertake monthly urine pregnancy tests, and to use a reliable method of birth control from screening visit up to at least 30 days after study treatment discontinuation. If a hormonal contraceptive is chosen it must be taken for at least 1 month prior to randomization.
- Planned or current treatment with another investigational treatment up to 3 months prior to randomization.
- Any known factor or disease that might interfere with treatment compliance, study conduct, or interpretation of the results, such as drug or alcohol dependence or psychiatric disease.
- Known concomitant life-threatening disease with a life expectancy < 12 months.
- Planned balloon pulmonary angioplasty within 26 weeks after randomization.
- Change in dose or initiation of new PH-specific therapy within 90 days prior to randomization.
- Treatment with prostacyclin (epoprostenol), prostacyclin analogs (i.e., treprostinil, iloprost, beraprost) or prostacyclin receptor agonists (i.e., selexipag) within 90 days prior to randomization.
- Change in dose or initiation of new diuretics and/or calcium channel blockers within 1 week prior to baseline RHC.
- Any co-morbid condition that may influence the ability to perform a reliable and reproducible 6MWT, including use of walking aids (cane, walker, etc.).
- Any other criteria as per selexipag Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC).