Participant eligibility includes age, gender, type and stage of disease, and previous treatments or health concerns. Guidelines differ from study to study, and identify who can or cannot participate. If you need assistance understanding the eligibility criteria, please contact the study team.
- Meets centers’ normal candidacy requirements for cochlear implantation or has already received their cochlear implant.
- Must be able to provide consent to participate.
- For participants that have not yet received their cochlear implant.
- A cochlear abnormality that might prevent insertion of the electrode array.
- Additional handicap that would limit the patient from being able to follow study instructions.