Participant eligibility includes age, gender, type and stage of disease, and previous treatments or health concerns. Guidelines differ from study to study, and identify who can or cannot participate. If you need assistance understanding the eligibility criteria, please contact the study team.See eligibility criteria
- Age ≥70 years.
- Histologically confirmed newly diagnosed Grade IV malignant glioma.
- Planned radiation treatments at Mayo Clinic Arizona or Mayo Clinic Rochester.
- Willing to sign release of information for any radiation and/or follow-up records.
- Provide informed written consent.
- Patients with eGFR ≥ 60 mg/min/1.72m2.
- Ability to complete questionnaire(s) by themselves or with assistance.
- ECOG performance status 0, 1, 2.
- Patients diagnosed with Grades I-III glioma.
- Currently on Avastin at time of treatment.
- Unable to undergo MRI scans with contrast (e.g. cardiac pacemaker, defibrillator, kidney failure).
- Unable to undergo an 18F-DOPA-PET scan (e.g. Parkinson’s Disease, taking anti-dopaminergic, or dopamine agonist medication or less than 6 half-lives from discontinuance of dopamine agonists).
- NOTE: Other potentially interfering drugs: amoxapine, amphetamine, benztropine, buproprion, buspirone, cocaine, mazindol, methamphetamine, methylphenidate, norephedrine, phentermine, phenylpropanolamine, selegiline, paroxetine, citalopram, and sertraline. If a patient is on any of these drugs, list which ones on the On-Study form.
- Pregnant women, nursing women, or men or women of childbearing potential who are unwilling to employ adequate contraception.
- NOTE: All women enrolled in this study will be age 70 or over, and at the determination of the PI, will not be of childbearing potential. If the radiology department requires a pregnancy test before administering the 18FDOPA injection, they may perform one per their standard of care.