Participant eligibility includes age, gender, type and stage of disease, and previous treatments or health concerns. Guidelines differ from study to study, and identify who can or cannot participate. If you need assistance understanding the eligibility criteria, please contact the study team.See eligibility criteria
- Isolated displaced femoral neck fracture (AO type 31-B2 and 31 B3)
- Age≥65 years
- Preinjury ambulation with or without a gait aid
- Surgical intervention ≤ 48 hours after fracture.
- Age <65 years
- Patients with other fractures or dislocations
- Wheelchair bound
- >48 hours between fracture and surgery, presence or history of infection, active metastatic disease, previous ipsilateral hip prosthesis
- Active major psychiatric illness
- Active drug or alcohol abuse
- BMI >40, and actively failing contralateral hip prosthesis.