Training Program in Lung Physiology and Biomedical Engineering
Prakash, Y. S. M.D., Ph.D.Sieck, Gary C. Ph.D.
The Training Program in Lung Physiology and Biomedical Engineering at Mayo Clinic cultivates the next generation of biomedical researchers in lung physiology and disease. The program provides multidisciplinary research training for predoctoral and postdoctoral students in the areas of respiratory physiology and biomedical engineering.
The primary objectives of the Training Program in Lung Physiology and Biomedical Engineering are to train three groups for biomedical research careers in lung physiology and disease:
- Predoctoral Ph.D. or M.D.-Ph.D. students with undergraduate backgrounds in engineering, mathematics or physics
- Postdoctoral Ph.D. scientists with backgrounds in engineering, mathematics, physics or basic biomedical sciences
- Postdoctoral M.D. or M.D.-Ph.D. clinician-scientists
There are six postdoctoral positions and two predoctoral positions awarded to the Training Program in Lung Physiology and Biomedical Engineering a year. The number of open positions varies.
Predoctoral appointees must be enrolled in Mayo Clinic Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences' Ph.D. Program.
Postdoctoral appointees must have received a Ph.D., M.D. or comparable doctoral degree by the beginning date of the training grant appointment.
Appointees must also be citizens or noncitizen nationals of the United States or must have been legally admitted as permanent residents.
How to apply
Apply to Mayo Clinic Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences' Ph.D. Program.
For more information on postdoctoral positions, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Erickson, Bradley J. M.D., Ph.D.
- Gajic, Ognjen M.D.
- Herman, Michael G. Ph.D.
- Johnson, Bruce D. Ph.D.
- Joyner, Michael J. M.D.
- Kita, Hirohito M.D.
- Limper, Andrew H. M.D.
- Mantilla, Carlos B. M.D., Ph.D.
- McCollough, Cynthia H. Ph.D.
- Miller, Jordan D. Ph.D.
- Miller, Virginia M. Ph.D.
- Pabelick, Christina M. M.D.
- Prakash, Y. S. M.D., Ph.D.
- Scarisbrick, Isobel A. Ph.D.
- Sieck, Gary C. Ph.D.
- Somers, Virend M.D., Ph.D.
- Tschumperlin, Daniel J. Ph.D.
- Warner, David O. M.D.
- Wigle, Dennis M.D., Ph.D.
- Worrell, Gregory A. M.D., Ph.D.