Education Opportunities

The Stroke and Vascular Disease Lab offers several research training and education opportunities.

Our lab welcomes students pursuing Ph.D. degrees in the Mayo Clinic Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences. Research in our lab aligns mainly with the Ph.D. Program's Neuroscience Track.

Dr. Ross also accepts undergraduate students for summer research training experiences through the Summer Undergraduate Research Fellowship (SURF). Undergraduate students interested in pursuing summer training opportunities can apply directly to the SURF program.

Learn more about these Mayo Clinic training programs:

  • Biomedical Sciences Research Internship. This is an opportunity through the University of North Florida for eligible students interested in careers in the medical, biomedical, biochemical and pharmacological research fields. Learn more.
  • Graduate Research Education Program (GREP). This is a post-baccalaureate program for participants with an interest in biomedical research. Learn more.
  • Ph.D. Program. This is a program in biomedical science that offers eight areas of specialization, called tracks. Learn more.
  • Post-Baccalaureate Research Education Program (PREP). This program encourages people from underrepresented groups or disadvantaged backgrounds who hold a recent baccalaureate degree in a biomedically relevant area of study to pursue a research doctorate. Learn more.
  • SPARK Research Mentorship Program. This program provides high school students with unparalleled mentored research experience in world-class laboratories at the Mayo Clinic campus in Jacksonville. Learn more.
  • Summer Undergraduate Research Fellowship (SURF). This is a 10-week experience for undergraduates who want to build their skills as young scientists. Learn more.
  • Undergraduate Research Employment Program (UREP). UREP is a paid research employee program that lasts a minimum of 10 weeks in the summer for students pursuing an undergraduate degree in science, technology, engineering or math. Participants must have completed at least one year of undergraduate studies and be enrolled to return to studies in the fall. Ask us for more details.