The Skeletal Muscle Wasting and Progenitor Cell Biology Laboratory regularly receives grants and awards. Faculty and staff members have also seen several publications appear in major journals.
- Rebecca E. Schmitt, Ph.D., joins the lab as a postdoctoral fellow through the Musculoskeletal Research Training Program. Welcome, Becky!
- Aneesha Dasgupta, Ph.D., joins the lab as a postdoctoral research fellow. Welcome, Aneesha!
- Josiane Joseph, Medical Scientist Training Program participant, passes her Clinical and Translational Sciences (CTS) Oral Qualifying Exam as an M.D.-Ph.D. candidate. Congrats, Josiane!
- A paper by M.D.-Ph.D. candidate Josiane Joseph and postdoctoral senior research fellow Dong Seong Cho, Ph.D., titled "Metabolomic Analyses Reveal Extensive Progenitor Cell Deficiencies in a Mouse Model of Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy" is published in Metabolites.
- The lab is awarded a five-year Maximizing Investigators' Research Award (R35) grant from the National Institutes of Health through its National Institute of General Medical Sciences (NIGMS) to study long-term stem cell defects post-sepsis. Thank you, NIH!
- Alexandra M. Shin joins the lab as a Graduate Research Employment Program (GREP) scholar. Welcome, Alexandra!
- The lab receives a 2018-2019 Eagles 5th District Cancer Telethon — Cancer Research Pilot Project Award. Thank you to the Fraternal Order of Eagles in Rochester, Minnesota!
- Paige C. Arneson passes her Biochemistry and Molecular Biology (BMB) Oral Qualifying Exam to become a full-fledged Ph.D. candidate. Congrats, Paige!
- A collaborative (with group led by Aminah Jatoi, M.D.) clinical report titled "Does the Poly (ADP-Ribose) Polymerase Inhibitor Veliparib Merit Further Study for Cancer-Associated Weight Loss? Observations and Conclusions From 60 Prospectively Treated Patients" is published in the Journal of Palliative Medicine.
- A collaborative (with group led by Eduardo N. Chini, M.D., Ph.D.) study titled "A Potent and Specific CD38 Inhibitor Ameliorates Age-Related Metabolic Dysfunction by Reversing Tissue NAD+Decline" is published in Cell Metabolism.
- Adrienne Samani leaves the lab to pursue graduate (Ph.D.) studies at the University of Alabama at Birmingham. Good luck, Adrienne!
- Kelly A. Hogan, Ph.D., leaves the lab to pursue her placental biology passion with Dr. Eduardo Chini. Good luck, Kelly!
- A short WCCO-CBS Minnesota segment is posted, raising awareness of pancreatic cancer and the Pancreatic Cancer Action Network.
- A paper by postdoctoral fellow Kelly A. Hogan, Ph.D., titled "Tumor-Derived Cytokines Impair Myogenesis and Alter the Skeletal Muscle Immune Microenvironment," is published in Cytokine.
- A collaborative review by Dr. Jatoi and Martin E. Fernandez-Zapico, M.D., is published in Epigenomics.
- A paper titled "Single Cell Transcriptome Analysis of Muscle Satellite Cells Reveals Widespread Transcriptional Heterogeneity" by postdoctoral fellow Dong Seong Cho, Ph.D., is published online in Gene.
- The lab receives a one-year grant through the Pilot and Feasibility Program sponsored by the Mayo Clinic Metabolomics Resource Core (MCMRC). Thank you, MCMRC!
- Josiane Joseph joins the lab to pursue the Ph.D. portion of her M.D.-Ph.D. degree. Welcome, Josiane!
- Biochemistry and molecular biology (BMB) Ph.D. student Paige C. Arneson joins the lab. Welcome, Paige!
- Dong Seong Cho, Ph.D., joins the lab as a postdoctoral fellow. Welcome, Dong Seong!
- Kelly A. Hogan, Ph.D., joins the lab as a postdoctoral fellow. Welcome, Kelly!
- Lab construction is finished. We can finally move in. Yea!
- Adrienne Samani joins the lab as a Post-baccalaureate Research Education Program (PREP) scholar. Welcome, Adrienne!
- The lab officially opens (using temporary lab space).