The Skeletal Muscle Wasting and Progenitor Cell Biology Laboratory regularly receives grants and awards. Faculty and staff members have also seen several publications appear in major journals. Working in the lab has provided valuable career experience for many students.
- Alexandra M. Shin joins the lab as a Graduate Research Employment Program (GREP) scholar. Welcome, Alexandra!
- The lab receives a 2018-2019 Eagles 5th District Cancer Telethon — Cancer Research Pilot Project Award. Thank you to the Fraternal Order of Eagles in Rochester, Minnesota!
- Paige Arneson passes her Biochemistry and Molecular Biology (BMB) Oral Qualifying Exam to become a full-fledged Ph.D. candidate. Congrats, Paige!
- A collaborative (with group led by Aminah Jatoi, M.D.) clinical report titled "Does the Poly (ADP-Ribose) Polymerase Inhibitor Veliparib Merit Further Study for Cancer-Associated Weight Loss? Observations and Conclusions From 60 Prospectively Treated Patients" is published in the Journal of Palliative Medicine.
- A collaborative (with group led by Eduardo N. Chini, M.D., Ph.D.) study titled "A Potent and Specific CD38 Inhibitor Ameliorates Age-Related Metabolic Dysfunction by Reversing Tissue NAD+Decline" is published in Cell Metabolism.
- Adrienne Samani leaves the lab to pursue graduate (Ph.D.) studies at the University of Alabama at Birmingham. Good luck, Adrienne!
- Kelly Hogan leaves the lab to pursue her placental biology passion with Dr. Eduardo Chini. Good luck, Kelly!
- A short WCCO-CBS Minnesota segment is posted, raising awareness of pancreatic cancer and the Pancreatic Cancer Action Network.
- A paper by postdoctoral fellow Kelly A. Hogan, Ph.D., titled "Tumor-Derived Cytokines Impair Myogenesis and Alter the Skeletal Muscle Immune Microenvironment," is published in Cytokine.
- A collaborative review, by Dr. Jatoi and Martin E. Fernandez-Zapico, M.D., is published in Epigenomics.
- A paper titled "Single Cell Transcriptome Analysis of Muscle Satellite Cells Reveals Widespread Transcriptional Heterogeneity" by postdoctoral fellow Dong Seong Cho, Ph.D., is published online in Gene.
- Biochemistry and molecular biology (BMB) Ph.D. student Paige C. Arneson joins the lab. Welcome, Paige!
- Dong Seong Cho, Ph.D., joins the lab as a postdoctoral fellow. Welcome, Dong Seong!
- Kelly A. Hogan joins the lab as a postdoctoral fellow. Welcome, Kelly!
- Lab construction is finished. We can finally move in. Yea!
- Adrienne Samani joins the lab as a Post-baccalaureate Research Education Program (PREP) scholar. Welcome, Adrienne!
- The lab officially opens (using temporary lab space).