Protein Structure Prediction
Proapoptotic proteins with the Bcl-2 homology (BH3)-binding groove occupied by BH3-only proteins
Model of Bak in complex with the BH3 domain of Noxa (Noxa and Bak complex or Noxa•Bak complex)
Model of Bak in complex with the BH3 domain of Bim (Bim and Bak complex or Bim•Bak complex)
- Pang YP, Dai H, Smith A, Meng XW, Schneider PA, Kaufmann SH. Bak conformational changes induced by ligand binding: Insight into BH3 domain binding and Bak homo-oligomerization. Scientific Reports. 2012;2:257.
- Dai H, Smith A, Meng XW, Schneider PA, Pang YP, Kaufmann SH. Transient binding of an activator BH3 domain to the Bak BH3-binding groove initiates Bak oligomerization. Journal of Cell Biology. 2011;194:39.
Botulinum neurotoxin serotype A endopeptidase in complex with a small-molecule inhibitor HAB
Models (released March 5, 2010)
HAB has a highly flexible functional group; the percentages of the top three most populated conformations of HAB in models 1, 2 and 3 are, respectively, 21%, 13% and 12%. Only 33% of the heavy atoms of HAB are provided in the released models. The full structure of HAB will be released upon manuscript acceptance. Read more about HAB.
- Pang YP, Vummenthala A, Mishra RK, Park JG, Wang S, Davis J, Millard CB, Schmidt JJ. Potent new small-molecule inhibitor of botulinum neurotoxin serotype A endopeptidase developed by synthesis-based computer-aided molecular design. PLOS One. 2009;4:e7730.
- Tang J, Park JG, Millard CB, Schmidt JJ, Pang YP. Computer-aided lead optimization: Improved small-molecule inhibitor of the zinc endopeptidase of botulinum neurotoxin serotype A. PLOS One. 2007;2:e761.
- Park JG, Sill PC, Makiyi EF, Garcia-Sosa AT, Millard CB, Schmidt JJ, Pang YP. Serotype-selective, small-molecule inhibitors of the zinc endopeptidase of botulinum neurotoxin serotype A. Bioorganic and Medicinal Chemistry. 2006;14:395.
African malaria mosquito acetylcholinesterase
Model (released Dec. 12, 2009)
AP-AgAChE contains a free cysteine at the opening of the active-site gorge of an acetylcholinesterase of the African malaria mosquito and is paralogous to the acetylcholinesterase of Drosophila melanogaster; the inhibitor structure of AP-AgAChE will be released upon manuscript acceptance. Read more about African malaria mosquito acetylcholinesterase.
- Pang YP, Ekstrom F, Polsinelli GA, Gao Y, Rana S, Hua DH, Andersson B, Andersson PO, Peng L, Singh SK, Mishra RK, Zhu KY, Fallon AM, Ragsdale DW, Brimijoin S. Selective and irreversible inhibitors of mosquito acetylcholinesterases for controlling malaria and other mosquito-borne diseases. PLOS One. 2009;4:e6851.
- Pang YP, Singh SK, Gao Y, Lassiter TL, Mishra RK, Zhu KY, Brimijoin S. Selective and irreversible inhibitors of aphid acetylcholinesterases: Steps toward human-safe insecticides. PLOS One. 2009;4:e4349.
- Pang YP. Novel acetylcholinesterase target site for malaria mosquito control. PLOS One. 2006;1:e58.