The primary research interests of Jun (Vivien) Yin, Ph.D., are dose-finding trial designs, basket and umbrella trial designs, surrogate endpoint evaluation, and predictive modeling.
- Adaptive dose-finding designs
- Basket and umbrella trial designs
- Genomic- and biomarker-driven trial designs
- Evaluation of surrogate endpoints
- Predictive modeling
Significance to patient care
Dr. Yin works to develop innovative statistical study design to run more efficient clinical trials that deliver effective, novel treatments to patients with cancer. The research conducted by Dr. Yin contributes to a better understanding of factors directly related to prognosis and treatment of cancer.
- Co-director, Biostatistics and Bioinformatics Core, Hepatobiliary SPORE, Mayo Clinic, 2018-present
- Lead statistician, UM1 Consortium, Experimental Therapeutics Clinical Trial Network (ETCTN), Mayo Clinic Cancer Center, 2015-present
- Member, NCI cooperative group, Leukemia Committee, Alliance for Clinical Trials in Oncology, 2015-present