My research involves:
- Developing stem cells for the use in cases of macular degeneration or retinitis pigmentosa.
- Determining what is the ocular milieu in cases of retinal disease using nanoliter testing systems.
- Determining the toxicity of intraocular chemotherapeutic agents.
- Continued evaluation of the use of dynamic imaging studies in cases of ocular melanomas and lymphomas to diagnose and follow the response of these entities to therapeutic treatments.
See my publications
- Emeritus, Department of Ophthalmology
- Emeritus, Department of Molecular Medicine
- Professor of Ophthalmology
- Scholarship - MPH University of Illinois at Chicago
- Fellow - Ocular Oncology Wills Eye Hospital, School of Medicine, Thomas Jefferson University, Philadelphia
- MBA University of Iowa
- Fellow - Retina Research Bascom Palmer Eye Institute, University of Miami School of Medicine
- Fellow - Vitreoretinal Surgery Bascom Palmer Eye Institute, University of Miami School of Medicine
- Chief Resident - Ophthalmology University of Illinois at Chicago
- Resident - Ophthalmology University of Illinois at Chicago
- Internship - Internal Medicine Tulane Affiliated Hospitals - Charity Hospital
- MD Tulane University School of Medicine
- MS University of Chicago
- BA University of Chicago