Gustavo S. Oderich, M.D., conducts ongoing clinical research focused on complex aortic aneurysms and treatment of mesenteric artery disease.
- Dr. Oderich's industry-sponsored clinical studies include serving as principal investigator of two physician-sponsored investigational device trials. One trial is studying the use of fenestrated stent graphs to repair complex aortic aneurysms; the second looks at clinical outcomes and quality of life in patients who are treated for thoracoabdominal aortic aneurysms with fenestrated and branched stent grants.
- Dr. Oderich is the national principal investigator for a trial of t-Branch stent graft trials for treatment of thoracoabdominal aortic aneurysms. He is also the site principal investigator for a Zenith fenestrated stent graft trial, a p-Branch trial for treatment of pararenal aneurysms and a trial of iliac-branched stent grafts in patients with aortoiliac aneurysms.
- He is the site principal investigator for zone 0 and zone 2 trials of a thoracic arch branch endoprosthesis.
- Dr. Oderich is also the site principal investigator for a study of the Zenith TX2-Low-Profile thoracic stent graft trial.
- His institutional-sponsored clinical studies include research on fenestrated and branched endografts for ascending aortic, arch, thoracoabdominal, pararenal and aortoiliac aneurysms as well as studies on open and mesenteric revascularization.
Significance to patient care
Overall, Dr. Oderich's research is aimed at developing better treatment options and tools to improve outcomes for patients with artery disease or aortic aneurysms.
- Chair, Reporting Standards Fenestrated and Branched Endografts, Society for Vascular Surgery, 2014-present
- Editorial board, Indian Journal of Vascular and Endovascular Surgery, 2014-present; World Journal of Cardiology, 2013-present; Surgery (Elsevier), 2012-present; Journal of Endovascular Therapy, 2011-present; Perspectives in Vascular Surgery and Endovascular Therapy, 2011-present; Vascular, 2010-present; Spanish Journal of Surgery Research, 2009-present; Annals of Vascular Surgery, 2008-present; Jornal Vascular Brasileiro, 2007-present
- Associate editor, Annals of Vascular Surgery, 2011-present
- National principal investigator, Cook Thoracoabdominal Branch Stent Graft Trial, Cook Medical Inc., 2012