John Noseworthy, M.D., is president and chief executive officer (CEO) emeritus of Mayo Clinic.
Prior to his appointment as CEO in 2009, Dr. Noseworthy served as chair of Mayo Clinic's Department of Neurology, medical director of the Department of Development, and vice chair of the Mayo Clinic Rochester Executive Board.
Dr. Noseworthy specialized in multiple sclerosis and spent more than two decades designing and conducting controlled clinical trials. He is the author of more than 150 research papers, chapters, editorials and several books, including the three-volume textbook "Neurological Therapeutics: Principles and Practice," now in its second edition.
He has also served as editor-in-chief for Neurology, the official journal of the American Academy of Neurology.
- Officer, Order of the Orange-Nassau, 2015
- Research!America Award, Geoffrey Beene Builders of Science, 2016
- Member, Merck Board of Directors, 2017-present
- Health Governor, World Economic Forum, 2014-present
- Emeritus, Department of Neurology
- Professor of Neurology
- Other - Neurology; Harvard Medical School, Nuclear Magnetic Resonance, Dr. J.B. Martin Massachusetts General Hospital
- Research Fellowship - Neurology Massachusetts General Hospital, Harvard University
- Centennial Fellow - Centennial Fellow; Pathology, Medical Research Council of Canada, Dr. B. Benacerraf and Dr. M.I. Greene Harvard Medical School
- Research Fellowship - Pathology Harvard Medical School
- Resident - Neuropathology University of Western Ontario
- Resident - Neuroimmunology Laboratory, Dr. G.C. Ebers University Hospital, London, Ontario
- Fellow - Neurology Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada
- Resident - Neurology University of Western Ontario
- Resident - Neurology Dalhousie University
- Chief Resident - Internal Medicine Dalhousie University
- Resident - Internal Medicine Dalhousie University
- Internship - Rotating Internship Royal Columbian Hospital
- MD Dalhousie University
- Other Dalhousie University