The main research interest of Andrea Mariani, M.D., is endometrial cancer, with a particular focus on clinical and translational studies involved with the management of patients with endometrial cancer. Dr. Mariani has conducted extensive research on the role of lymphadenectomy in endometrial cancer and has gained international recognition as an expert on the topic.
Dr. Mariani collaborates with Mayo Clinic's Division of Gynecologic Surgery on the use of robotic surgery for the treatment of endometrial cancer. He is part of the Robotics Subcommittee, which oversees the development of robotic practice at Mayo Clinic from a clinical, organizational, educational and research point of view.
- Sentinel lymph nodes in endometrial cancer
- Robotic surgery
- Microbiome in endometrial and ovarian cancers
- Ovarian cancer and bowel metastases
- Malnutrition in ovarian cancer patients
- Circulating tumor DNA (ctDNA)
Significance to patient care
Dr. Mariani's research will aid in the diagnosis, treatment and outcomes for patients with endometrial and ovarian cancers.
- Medical advisory committee, Minnesota Ovarian Cancer Alliance, 2016-present
- Editorial board member, Turkish Journal of Gynecologic Oncology, 2014-present
- Editorial board member, European Journal of Surgical Oncology, 2013-present
- Member, American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists, 2012-present
- Editorial board member, European Journal of Gynaecologic Oncology, 2010-present
- Editorial board member, Journal of Medicine and the Person, 2010-present
- International member, Society of Gynecologic Oncology, 2010-present
- Member, International Gynecologic Cancer Society, 2009-present