The overall career goal of Richard W. Joseph, M.D., is to provide patients with the care he would want for his family or himself. With that being said, Dr. Joseph is a firm believer in therapies that enhance the body's immune system in order to fight cancer. His research interests are mainly in developing and participating in clinical trials involving the latest immunotherapies.
- Development of novel immunotherapies
- Combining existing immunotherapies
- Identification of targets of novel immunotherapies
- Combining surgery and radiation with immunotherapy
Significance to patient care
Within the field of immunotherapy, Dr. Joseph's goal is to provide a more individualized approach for each patient. He believes identifying biomarkers or differing strategies for the individual patient will maximize clinical benefits.
- Voting member, National Comprehensive Cancer Network for Melanoma, 2014-present
- Judah Folkman Career Development Award for Antiangiogenesis Research, American Association for Cancer Research, 2012-2014
- Young Investigator Award, Conquer Cancer Foundation, American Society of Clinical Oncology, 2010