My research interests include:
- Parathyroid disease, emphasis on minimal access parathyroidectomy and intraoperative parathyroid hormone monitoring.
- Thyroid carcinoma, emphasis on papillary thyroid carcinoma, lymph node metastasis, medullary thyroid carcinoma.
- Adrenal disorders, emphasis on laparoscopic adrenalectomy.
- Islet cell tumors of the pancreas, emphasis on insulinoma, gastrinoma.
- Breast cancer, emphasis on sentinel node biopsy, micrometastasis to lymph nodes and bone marrow, menstrual cycle influence on breast cancer and surgical outcome.
- Emeritus, Division of Subspecialty General Surgery, Department of Surgery
- Professor of Surgery
- Resident - Surgery Mayo Clinic Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences, Mayo Clinic College of Medicine and Science
- MD University of Colorado
- BA University of Northern Colorado