My basic science research interests primarily involve Tissue Engineering strategies to solve clinical problems involving the spine. In addition to bone and cartilage projects, we have a multidisciplinary spinal cord injury research team investigating spinal cord regeneration. We frequently collaborate with the scientists in the Biomechanics laboratory as well as numerous other departments and labs.
My clinical research interests are varied and include projects involving the Mayo Cancer Center. I am particularly interested in metastatic and primary tumors of the spine.
See my publications
- Consultant, Department of Orthopedic Surgery
- Consultant, Department of Neurologic Surgery
- Professor of Neurosurgery
- Professor of Orthopedics
- Fellow - Spine Surgery Jackson Memorial Hospital, University of Miami School of Medicine
- Resident - Orthopaedic Surgery Mayo Graduate School of Medicine, Mayo Clinic College of Medicine
- Internship - General Surgery Mayo Graduate School of Medicine, Mayo Clinic College of Medicine
- MD Georgetown University School of Medicine
- BS - Biology Emory University