Yasmeen M. Butt, M.D., studies interstitial lung disease, lung cancer, heart and lung transplant biology, and diseases of the cardiovascular system.
Dr. Butt has a particular interest in nonneoplastic lung disease and recently completed a collaborative project describing the findings in vaping-associated lung injury.
- Pulmonary and mediastinal pathology
- Cardiovascular pathology
- General surgical and autopsy pathology
- Interstitial lung disease
- Pulmonary infections
- Cardiac, pulmonary and vascular neoplasia
Significance to patient care
Dr. Butt's research aims to improve outcomes for patients with cardiovascular and pulmonary conditions.
- Recipient, Vernie A. Stembridge, M.D., Resident Teaching Award, UT Southwestern Medical Center, 2018