The Mayo Clinic Otolaryngology Medical Student Research Fellowship program is available for motivated medical students interested in immersive academic research.
These yearlong fellowship positions are open to applicants who have a bachelor's degree and are either enrolled in or have completed medical school within one calendar year of applying to the program. Preference is given to students who are between their third and fourth years of medical school; however, students in any year are encouraged to apply. Prior research experience is not required.
Applicants are required to have a working knowledge of word processing and basic spreadsheet functions in Microsoft Excel. Highly competitive applicants will have experience with electronic medical records (Epic), data management software such as Excel and RedCap, and may have some experience with basic statistical software. Please note that the department collaborates with two master level statisticians for its research efforts, so statistical expertise is not required.
To apply, please complete and submit:
- Application worksheet, available via email from program coordinator Jessica O'Neill at email@example.com.
- A one-page personal statement highlighting your interest in the program. Please include information about your status as a member of an underrepresented group in the personal statement, if applicable.
- Resume or CV (examples provided on request).
- Three letters of recommendation.
- Current medical school transcript (unofficial is acceptable).
For more information, please contact: