The nutrition research group in the Division of Endocrinology, Diabetes, Metabolism, and Nutrition-Research studies disorders related to nutrient intake and nutrient processing.
One of our main research areas is obesity, including study of:
- Prospective assessment of outcomes in bariatric surgery
- Clinical trials of weight-loss medications
- Pathophysiology of obesity and regulation of physical activity
- Regulation of adipose tissue
- Fatty acid processing by skeletal muscle
Our nutrition research group also conducts clinical research in collaboration with multidisciplinary teams in such specialties as surgery, obstetrics, gynecology, anesthesiology and radiology. We also study hospital nutrition assessment and the use of novel nutritional interventions for patients experiencing malnourishment.