The Department of Health Sciences Research spans the Mayo Clinic enterprise, with flourishing activities and research programs at Mayo's campuses in Phoenix/Scottsdale, Arizona; Jacksonville, Florida; and Rochester, Minnesota.
Centered in an environment that attracts and retains outstanding scientists and allied health professionals, the mission of the Department of Health Sciences Research is to improve the care of patients and reduce the burden of illness by:
- Conducting outstanding peer-reviewed research initiated by department members
- Participating as active collaborators with clinical and basic science researchers in long-term research programs
- Working with Mayo clinicians and other investigators to provide high-quality and timely consultation, analysis and mentoring
- Fostering an outstanding academic faculty dedicated to the development and delivery of educational programs to train biomedical researchers
- Working with Mayo Clinic practice leaders to innovatively and efficiently record, index, retrieve, collate and analyze data needed to provide and enhance excellent, cost-effective patient care
- Engaging in a wide range of scholarly activities that contribute to Mayo's mission and to professional growth