Facilities and Equipment
The Pathology Research Core (PRC) has a facility and offers services on all three Mayo Clinic campuses. The core provides services using the latest technology and equipment to ensure sample integrity. This equipment includes:
- Cryostats and microtomes.
- Embedding stations.
- Automated tissue microarray instruments.
- Immunohistochemistry stainers.
- Whole slide scanning instruments — brightfield and fluorescent.
- Digital slide analysis software.
- Slide and cassette printers.
- Automated coverslippers.
- Refrigerators and freezers.
- Ovens, incubators and waterbaths.
- Chemical fume hoods.