DNA and RNA sequencing gives clinicians and researchers detailed information about differences and changes in an individual's genetic makeup, helping them better understand the role that genetics plays in diseases and treatments.
Mayo Clinic's Genome Analysis Core produces a broad spectrum of DNA and RNA sequencing, including Sanger sequencing and both short-read (Illumina) and long-read (Pacific Biosciences) next-generation (deep) sequencing. This service also provides consultations and training in molecular biology techniques.
Next-generation sequencing is the process of sequencing DNA or RNA by producing millions of sequence reads in a massively parallel manner. Also known as deep sequencing, next-generation sequencing allows for the sequencing of the entire genome, exome or transcriptome. This makes it possible to identify complex genetic differences that may cause disease or help diagnose and treat disease. The Genome Analysis Core offers a full range of services and applications for next-generation sequencing, including:
- Whole-genome sequencing
- Whole-exome and custom capture
- Mate Pair sequencing
- Reduce Representation BiSulfite sequencing
- Whole-transcriptome sequencing (mRNA-seq)
- Total RNA sequencing
- MicroRNA sequencing (miRNA-seq)
Because next-generation DNA sequencing is a complex process involving various types of library preparations, sequencing and data analysis, a meeting with the sequencing core and data analysis staff is required to properly plan a new research project.
The Genome Analysis Core partners with Azenta Life Sciences for Sanger DNA Sequencing Services. This partnership provides:
- Next business day turnaround time.
- Expert technical support.
- Convenience, including on-site drop boxes and free sample shipping.
- Preferred pricing.
To request information, please contact:
- Illumina HiSeq 4000 Next Generation DNA Sequencers (3)
- Illumina HiSeq 2500 Next Generation DNA Sequencers (3)
- Illumina NovaSeq Next Generation DNA Sequencer
- Illumina MiSeq Personal Sequencers (3)
- Illumina cBot for Generation Stations (4)
- Eppendorf epMotion liquid handlers (3) for automated library prep
- Agilent Bravo Robotic Workstations (3) for automated library prep
- Sage Science Blue Pippen Preps (2) for Automated DNA fragment size selection
- PacBio Sequel Sequencing System
- Fluidigm C1TM Single-Cell Auto Prep Systems
- 10X ChromiumTM Single-Cell System
- NovaSeq 6000 system
Contact GAC Supervisors for more information on using sequencing services.