Mayo Clinic serves as a leader in genomic analyses for Mayo Clinic investigators and medical researchers around the world advancing the understanding of human disease, improving health and promoting excellence in patient care. To accomplish this, the Genome Analysis Core provides a broad range of genomic services with expert consultation, customized support, access to state-of-the-art technologies and the highest quality data.
The Genome Analysis Core, led by Eric D. Wieben, Ph.D., provides consultations to help investigators achieve their research objectives. Services in the core support patient care by providing a discovery portal through which clinically relevant findings may be brought into routine clinical practice. Genomic analyses allow clinicians and researchers to learn about differences and changes in an individual's genetic makeup, leading to discovering the role that genetics plays in disease and treatment.
The Genome Analysis Core offers a full range of next-generation sequencing, gene expression, genotyping and DNA methylation applications, including:
- Library preparation for Illumina, PacBio and 10X single cell sequencing
- Whole-genome sequencing
- Whole-transcriptome (RNA Seq)
- Targeted sequencing (QiaSeq, Agilent)
- Small RNA (microRNA)
- Reduced representational bisulfite sequencing (RRBS)
- Microarrays for genomewide genotyping (Illumina) and gene expression analyses (Illumina, Affymetrix)
- Targeted SNP and STR analyses, cell line validation (Agena Mass Array, Applied Biosystems)
- Targeted RNA analyses (Applied Biosystems, Fluidigm)
- Sample Identification Validation (SIDV)
- Single cell analyses (Fluidigm C1)
DNA or RNA from multiple sources may be analyzed including fresh-frozen tissues, formalin-fixed, paraffin-embedded (FFPE) tissues, laser-capture micro-dissected cells and cell lines.
The Genome Analysis Core provides services to all Mayo Clinic faculty and staff engaged in research. Additionally, services are offered to investigators and research collaborators outside Mayo Clinic. For more information, please contact the core.