Participant eligibility includes age, gender, type and stage of disease, and previous treatments or health concerns. Guidelines differ from study to study, and identify who can or cannot participate. There is no guarantee that every individual who qualifies and wants to participate in a trial will be enrolled. Contact the study team to discuss study eligibility and potential participation.
- Spinal cord injury due to trauma located at or above the tenth thoracic vertebrae
- American Spinal Injury Association grading scale of A-D (2 from each) below the level
- Intact spinal reflexes below the level of SCI
- At least 1-year post-SCI
- At least 22 years of age
- Willing to use medically acceptable methods of contraception, if female and of
- Currently a prison inmate, or awaiting trial, related to criminal activity
- Pregnancy at the time of enrollment
- History of chronic and/or treatment resistant urinary tract infection
- Unhealed decubitus ulcer
- Unhealed skeletal fracture
- Untreated clinical diagnosis of depression
- Undergoing, or planning to undergo, diathermy treatment
- Active participation in another interventional clinical trial
- Presence of conditions or disorders which require MRI monitoring
- A history of coagulopathy or other significant cardiac or medical risk factors for
- Current use of a ventilator
- Clinically diagnosed cardiopulmonary complications such as chronic obstructive
pulmonary disease, cardiac failure, or heart arrhythmia that contraindicate changes in
body position such as supine-to-sit-to-stand activities, prolonged standing, or
- History of frequent hypotension characterized by light headedness, or loss of
- History of frequent hypertension characterized by headache, or bradycardia
- History of frequent, severe, autonomic dysreflexia
- Any illness or condition which, based on the research team's assessment, will
compromise with the patient's ability to comply with the protocol, patient safety, or
the validity of the data collected during this study.
Note: Other protocol defined Inclusion/Exclusion criteria may apply.
Eligibility last updated 12/20/22. Questions regarding updates should be directed to the study team contact.