Tab Title Description
Describes the nature of a clinical study. Types include:
- Observational study — observes people and measures outcomes without affecting results.
- Interventional study (clinical trial) — studies new tests, treatments, drugs, surgical procedures or devices.
- Medical records research — uses historical information collected from medical records of large groups of people to study how diseases progress and which treatments and surgeries work best.
NCT ID: NCT04630561
About this study
The Great Posture, Great Health project is based on one of the most fundamental (and often ignored) aspects of human health: posture. A simple, yet powerful 15 min. postural / foam roller / bouncing / breathing / mindfulness practice 2-3x/week is easy to implement without equipment or expensive training. This practice can be implemented with all individuals, regardless of age, sex, race, income, education levels, physical or mental condition, and could eventually be scaled up to State, Country, and Global levels. There is increased evidence of positive outcomes from postural / foam roller / bouncing / breathing / mindfulness training on physical and mental well-being as Europeans and Northern Americans engage in body / mind exercises (i.e., Qigong, Yoga, meditation, Pilates, and Tai-chi) and experience long-term health benefits from these activities
Participant eligibility includes age, gender, type and stage of disease, and previous treatments or health concerns. Guidelines differ from study to study, and identify who can or cannot participate. There is no guarantee that every individual who qualifies and wants to participate in a trial will be enrolled. Contact the study team to discuss study eligibility and potential participation.
- Individuals aged 12 - 100+.
- Participants must be physically capable (defined as easy to moderate physical activities daily at least 60 minutes).
- Participants also must have a normal (18.5-24.9kg/m^2) or overweight BMI (25-29.9kg/m^2).
- Participants must be able to speak, listen, read, and understand sentences written in English.
- Participants will be excluded who:
- display more than two risk factors for coronary artery disease (high blood pressure, high blood cholesterol level (LDL), family history (a close relative with heart disease), diabetes mellitus, chronic kidney disease;
- have a history of falls, osteoporosis, osteoarthritis, or orthopedic or neurological conditions (i.e., stroke);
- take medications that cause dizziness or slow movement;
- have a body mass to height squared ratio greater than 30kg/m^2 or less than 18.4kg/m^2;
- blood pressure greater than 140/90 mmHg;
- history of heart conditions.
- Individuals with progressive cognitive, neurologic disorders, cancer treatment, chronic heart failure, or unstable medical conditions.
Publications are currently not available