Participant eligibility includes age, gender, type and stage of disease, and previous treatments or health concerns. Guidelines differ from study to study, and identify who can or cannot participate. If you need assistance understanding the eligibility criteria, please contact the study team.See eligibility criteria
- ≥ 18 years of age.
- New or locally recurrent diagnosis of HER2+ breast cancer that will be treated with curative intent.
- Planned HER2-directed therapy (any therapy targeting HER2 signaling including trastuzumab +/- pertuzumab or trastuzumab-emtansine (T-DM1)). Neratinib and lapatinib will not be considered “Her2-directed therapy” or “anti-HER2” for the purpose of this study.
- Metastatic breast cancer (distant metastases).
- Active systemic treatment for non-breast cancer.
- History of HF of any class and type, or diagnosis of cardiomyopathy in the past, LVEF < 50% at screening, intolerance to beta-blocker, baseline use of any beta-blocker for coronary artery disease including myocardial infarction, current ACE inhibitor or ARB therapy for hypertension in the presence of diabetes and/or for chronic kidney disease/proteinuria, on active therapy with amiodarone, sotalol, or any other antiarrhythmic history of bronchial asthma or related bronchospastic conditions, heart rate < 50 BPM at screening (average of 3 most recent readings).
- History of or current sick sinus syndrome.
- AV block grade II or higher (unless patient has a permanent pacemaker) at screening.
- Systolic blood pressure < 90 mmHg at screening (average of 3 most recent readings).
- Severe hepatic dysfunction, as defined by NCI ODWG (total bilirubin > 3x ULN with any AST elevation) or Child Pugh C class.