Participant eligibility includes age, gender, type and stage of disease, and previous treatments or health concerns. Guidelines differ from study to study, and identify who can or cannot participate. If you need assistance understanding the eligibility criteria, please contact the study team.See eligibility criteria
- > 18 years old.
- AO classification Type 44 A, B, C.
- posterior malleolus fragment measuring < 25% of the maximal A-P diameter of the tibial plafond as measured on pre-operative CT.
- Previous surgery about the ankle.
- Non-ambulatory status preoperatively.
- Ipsilateral lower extremity injury which would be expected to affect mobility status’.
- Contraindication to prone positioning during surgery.