Participant eligibility includes age, gender, type and stage of disease, and previous treatments or health concerns. Guidelines differ from study to study, and identify who can or cannot participate. If you need assistance understanding the eligibility criteria, please contact the study team.See eligibility criteria
- Individuals between 18 – 40 years of age.
- Individuals with a regular schedule of at least 4 working days a week that are not shift work.
- Individuals who take longer than 30 minutes to wake up on weekdays for at least 3/5 days (indicated on SIQ).
- Ability to relocate to the Well Living Lab for 4 consecutive nights with a minimum stay of 8 hours overnight, preferably starting at 8 pm.
- Willing to refrain from caffeine in the mornings during relocation until all cognitive tasks are completed.
- Willing to remain in the lab 90 minutes after waking up, until all cognitive tasks are completed.
- Ability to provide informed consent.
- Individuals with a history of diagnosed sleep disorders
- Individuals who use medications (either prescribed or over-the-counter) that may affect sleep.
- Individuals who perform shift work.
- Individuals who will have traveled more than 3 time-zones within the month prior to their participation.
- Individuals with a history of mood or psychiatric disorders.
- Individuals diagnosed with cardiac disorders (i.e., Raynaud’s disease, peripheral artery disease, etc.)
- Drug (illegal or prescription narcotic), or alcohol dependency.
- Women who are pregnant or intend to become pregnant during the duration of the study.
- Women who are undergoing menopause.