Participant eligibility includes age, gender, type and stage of disease, and previous treatments or health concerns. Guidelines differ from study to study, and identify who can or cannot participate. If you need assistance understanding the eligibility criteria, please contact the study team.See eligibility criteria
- Age ≥ 18 years old;
- No use of opioids for 6 months prior to the issuance of the initial opioid prescription; and
- Willingness to participate in all aspects of the study including use of the Hugo platform on their personal smartphone.
- Cancer-associated pain;
- Concurrent treatment for cancer (e.g., chemotherapy, radiation therapy);
- Residence in an extended care facility;
- Any operation or hospitalization within the past 6 months;
- Mental health disorders that could impede functioning in an ambulatory care setting (e.g., schizophrenia, dementia);
- Non-English speaking individuals;
- No smartphone; and
- Use of a pharmacy that is not compatible with the Hugo platform.