Participant eligibility includes age, gender, type and stage of disease, and previous treatments or health concerns. Guidelines differ from study to study, and identify who can or cannot participate. If you need assistance understanding the eligibility criteria, please contact the study team.See eligibility criteria
- All new patients (>18 years) visiting the Orthopaedic Hand Service with the diagnosis of carpal tunnel syndrome.
- Return patients (>18 years) with carpal tunnel syndrome previously treated with splinting who decide to proceed with surgery.
- English fluency and literacy.
- Able to take informed consent.
- Age less than 18 years old.
- Additional ipsilateral hand issue in addition to carpal tunnel syndrome.