Participant eligibility includes age, gender, type and stage of disease, and previous treatments or health concerns. Guidelines differ from study to study, and identify who can or cannot participate. If you need assistance understanding the eligibility criteria, please contact the study team.See eligibility criteria
- Provision of signed and dated informed consent form.
- Stated willingness to comply with all study procedures and availability for the duration of the study.
- Male or female, greater than or equal to 18 years of age.
- Clinical diagnosis of heart failure with volume overload requiring admission to the hospital for diuresis.
- An individual who meets any of the following criteria will be excluded from participation in this study:
- Severe cardiac valvular disease;
- Current atrial fibrillation;
- Restrictive cardiomyopathy (amyloidosis, pericarditis/effusion);
- Receiving intravenous: epoprostenol, milrinone, dobutamine, dopamine;
- Cardiac assist devices (intra-aortic balloon pump, ventricular assist devices extracorporeal membrane oxygenation);
- Congenital heart disease;
- Carries the diagnosis of superior vena cava(SVC) syndrome;
- Active infection or sepsis;
- Pregnant or lactating;
- Patients currently (or within 30 days) participating in clinical trial with nvestigational drug or device;
- Known psychiatric or neurologic disease or prisoners who are unable to consent;
- Any other medical condition, which in the opinion of the investigator, would place the patient at undue risk from participating.