Participant eligibility includes age, gender, type and stage of disease, and previous treatments or health concerns. Guidelines differ from study to study, and identify who can or cannot participate. If you need assistance understanding the eligibility criteria, please contact the study team.See eligibility criteria
- Patient aged 0-21 years old and living at home and able to be seen in a Pediatric practice.
- Caregiver age range is 0-80 years old.
- Exhibiting dietary restriction and related weight loss or failure to achieve expected weight gain.
- Restrictive eating disorder diagnosis (anorexia nervosa, ARFID, OSFED characterized by restriction and weight loss/failure to achieve expected weight gain) OR have clinically significant eating disorder symptoms.
- Eligible patients must also have at least 1 caregiver with whom they live for the majority of the time willing to enroll in the study.
- Received eating disorder treatment in the past, or have received the recommendation to pursue eating disorder treatment in the past. Eating disorder or mental health symptoms necessitate a higher level of care.
- Reported purging at a frequency of more than twice per month.
- A 2 on Item 9 on the CDI AND active suicidal plan and/or intent upon further evaluation.