Participant eligibility includes age, gender, type and stage of disease, and previous treatments or health concerns. Guidelines differ from study to study, and identify who can or cannot participate. If you need assistance understanding the eligibility criteria, please contact the study team.See eligibility criteria
- Age 18 years or older.
- Greater than 100 cigarettes lifetime consumption and history of smoking cigarettes every day or most days within the week prior to enrollment.
- Willingness to at least “quit for a bit” in perioperative period.
- Owning a device with access to SMS with an unlimited plan.
- Surgery on the day of preoperative evaluation.
- Active psychiatric condition.