Participant eligibility includes age, gender, type and stage of disease, and previous treatments or health concerns. Guidelines differ from study to study, and identify who can or cannot participate. If you need assistance understanding the eligibility criteria, please contact the study team.See eligibility criteria
- Adults, ages 18-90 years old.
- Patients with a history of bariatric surgery who post-operatively have had formal esophageal manometry and/or radiographic barium esophagram performed at Mayo Rochester.
- In addition to the above, ten previously defined patients with history of bariatric surgery who have screened positive on the BEDQ.
- A diagnosis of esophageal dysmotility prior to bariatric surgery.
- Previous upper gastrointestinal surgery aside from bariatric surgery.
- In the previously defined sub-cohort of ten patients:
- Those with any major contraindications to esophageal manometry as determined by clinical review by the performing physician.
- Inability to read due to: blindness, cognitive dysfunction, or English language illiteracy.