Participant eligibility includes age, gender, type and stage of disease, and previous treatments or health concerns. Guidelines differ from study to study, and identify who can or cannot participate. If you need assistance understanding the eligibility criteria, please contact the study team.See eligibility criteria
- Men and women, age 18-50 years old.
- Right-hand dominated.
- Vestibular symptoms of moderate or greater severityb after a verified mTBI:
- Vertigo, unsteadiness, dizziness, or gait imbalance;
- mTBI per Table 1 of the VA/DoD mTBI guideline;
- Enrolled within 8 weeks of mTBI (Rochester, London);
- Enrolled within 6 months of mTBI (Rome).
- Medical or psychiatric conditions, medications, or substances that would limit a participant’s ability to provide consent or complete all study procedures
- Metal in the body that is not compatible with MRI.
- Active tobacco usage.
- Pregnant or breast-feeding.
- Neurologic, otologic, or psychiatric disorders, pre-dating injury.
- Any history of neurologic, otologic, or psychiatric disorders.
- Any history of symptomatic TBI.
- Changes in neurologic or psychiatric medications within 2 weeks of fMRI.
- Use of neurological or psychiatric medications.